Monday, December 21, 2009

A Holiday Evening in CT


 


Two weeks ago I went home to CT for a "Lantern Light Tour" at Mystic Seaport.  I hadn't participated in one since I was a kid so it was a nostalgic and festive evening. This time of year the Seaport is transformed into a living breathing 1870s era New England seaside town on Christmas Eve. It's brilliant!

I had my camera...but the photos are few because, well, the only light sources were lanterns! Great for a "mood" shot though :)

It's such a charming way to spend a holiday evening!  Mystic Seaport is one of my favorite places to visit because it's like stepping back in time...seeing how life was in "simpler times."  The Lantern Light Tours let  you step even further into that world. We got to dance in the reading room, listen to some sailors spin a yarn while warming their hands over a fire near their ship, were served cookies while entering a home (I think they were snickerdoodles...)


After the tour we had dinner at the S&P Oyster Company.







 New England Clam Chowder!


 
 Petite Filet Minon


 
Irish Coffee



Table Art



Happy Holidays!

XO

1 comment:

bobbie said...

I LOVE restaurants that have paper tablecloths and crayons available!!!