Saturday, June 12, 2010

Spicy Thai Coconut Rice‏


When I buy groceries for the week I usually try to save money by buying an organic soup that I can mix with brown rice and voila!  An inexpensive meal.  Sometimes it's as simple as veggie chili with rice...and sometimes I get creative:

1 can of Amy's organic thai coconut soup
2 cups brown rice
1 package of extra firm tofu
1 bunch basil
Fish sauce
Crushed red pepper flakes
Curry powder




I browned the tofu in fish sauce, curry, basil, olive oil and crushed red pepper flakes while the rice cooked with a vegan, no salt added bouillon cube. I've also used chicken in place of the tofu.

Then I mixed it all together with the soup.

You do need to be careful when using canned soup (even organic) since the sodium content can be high.

It was delicious! I brought it to work all week and loved it as much at the end as I did in the beginning :)

XO

No comments: