Saturday, November 27, 2010

Family Affair, Part 3

What's for Lunch? :)


The last day began with another delicious breakfast. We made a scramble with tomatoes, spinach, fresh basil, baby bella mushrooms, bacon, feta and Greek seasoning...




Elana had a yen for waffles...



More specifically...waffles topped with the stout ice cream from the night before :)



What can I say about this wonderful weekend?  I felt so at home and relaxed the whole time. Not to mention appreciated!  Elana wanted the whole "Lee Ann/Lion's Share" experience right down to the music I listen to when I'm in the kitchen. My iPod seemed to favor The Waterboys and Eddie Izzard in her house! We shared wonderful food and conversation and had the time, for once, to really hang out.

My cousin and I have been talking about doing this for over a year and now we want to make it an annual thing!  Why does it take so long to start such fantastic traditions? Better late then never, I say :)

Elana and I go way back :)  I have very fond memories of the Summer vacations she shared with my parents and I in New Hampshire when we were both in High School (Loon Mountain! The "Not So General Store")! 

SO much has changed in both our lives since then but the bond has only strengthened and I am so happy we can take the joy of spending time together into our adult lives and broaden it...and now Frederick is part of family fun!

They say you can't choose your family...but I doubt I could have chosen better.

XO

No comments: