Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Not My Mother's Potato Salad...


And my Mother's potato salad is AWESOME.

Maybe I'll get the recipe and post it in the future. It's one of the things that makes summer, summer.

This potato salad recipe was basically stolen from NY1

But this is what I did:

3 medium potatoes
1 Hard boiled Egg
1 small can (no salt added) baby peas
Artichoke hearts, baby artichokes...it's your call
1 small red onion


I cubed and cooked the potatoes (two russet, 1 red), brought them to a boil and then simmered for about 10 minutes.

Next, I steamed the artichokes and chopped up the hearts (if I hadn't been so lucky and gotten artichokes with my Urban Organic order, I would have used frozen or canned).

I quickly browned the onion and garlic and let everything cool...then mixed it all together (don't forget the baby peas and chopped hard-boiled egg! I almost did, LOL).

Dressing:
1 clove minced garlic
Lemon & Pepper blend (salt free)
Celtic Sea Salt
Olive Oil
Lemon Juice

Whisk together olive oil (2-3 tbs) with the garlic, lemon juice (1/2 a lemon), a pinch of salt and generous sprinkle of the lemon & pepper blend.

Drizzle over potatoes and mix well.

YUMMY.

It's a family joke that I hated eggs in potato salad as a kid and forced everyone to eat it egg-less for years...obviously I've gotten over that ;)

P.S. I've started a fan page for this blog on Facebook!

2 comments:

Brandi Reynolds said...

I will eat almost anything with artichokes in it.

true story.

The Lion's Share said...

Is that a challenge? LOL