Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Living Authentically...and Grapefruit Mint Salad...

I have been very fortunate these days. The world is opening up for me pretty fast and I've been doing my best to hold on and move with the current rather than let it take me down.

My thoughts today? Life is amazing.

Today, I walked to the Subway in the sun listening to Freddie Stevenson's music and felt so blissful...and thought, "This is my authentic self."

Truly. Every molecule of my being was smiling.

That's how I am trying to attack life these days.

Last week, during a particularly stressful time, I came out of the subway to see the words "I Love U" painted on the ground...it reminds me every day that I'm okay.

XO

And now...

Grapefruit and Mint Salad


It's been a while since I posted a recipe...so here goes!

This particular photo shows canned pink grapefruit...but I have a fresh grapefruit at home waiting for the same treatment...

Take the grapefruit segments, add some roughly chopped fresh mint and honey to taste.

That's it! Easy, right??

It's a wonderful spring/summer salad.

5 comments:

christina.mcmellon said...

really beautiful and a timely reminder, thank you :) ps I make a grapefuit and mint fruit juice which is also delicious.

The Lion's Share said...

Ooh...yum! Sadly...my juicer recently broke :(

Brandi Reynolds said...

don't you just love those moments when you just feel so amazed at your life??

hooray for you!!

The Lion's Share said...

I like the fact that those moments no longer floor me...I can be grateful instead of surprised...I'll admit that they occasionally catch me off guard though...and then I smile even bigger...

Unknown said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm just what i need to kick start my lethargy. you motivate me!