Thursday, July 16, 2009

Gnocchi! Fun to Say and Delicious too!



I am putting this in the category of quick and easy dinner.

I made this one weeknight after work...and it was great because it felt sort of gourmet, but was so easy!


Gnocchi with Tomato and Fresh Basil

1 package Roland Gnocchi (thank you Krissy!)
1 can Muir Glen fire roasted tomatoes
1 teaspoon minced garlic (I have a jar of minced g in the fridge at all times)
Fresh Basil, Chopped

*I also almost always have a can of the tomatoes on hand...as well as a carton of organic chicken stock...but that's for other recipes...*


Cook gnocchi according to package and on the side simmer the tomatoes and garlic with a touch of olive oil and add other spices to taste (I added some salt, pepper and crushed red pepper). Right before adding the gnocchi, stir in the basil.

Top with a little cheese (Parmesan would be ideal...but I only had mozzarella and it was tasty too!)


*As a little bonus...feast your eyes on the lovely package design, and copy writing, by none other than my good friend, Madame K! She's a Renaissance gal...



4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey L,

can I post this on my forum?

Keith


Of course you will get all the credit..... :-)

The Lion's Share said...

Sure!

Unknown said...

Sweet! Now I just need to make it....


BTW, I have never suscribed to any blog before, do I need to sign up to recieve any notifications or do I just check back here every now and then?

The Lion's Share said...

You can be a guinea pig for me on subscribing! There is a "Suscribe" link under the "Going to Edinburgh" widget...it should send you notifications when I post a new blog.