Friday, October 2, 2009

Preparing to Ship Out...

Edinburgh

Sorry to have been absent from the blogging world for a while, but I've been under the weather. After rest, no caffeine, and acupuncture...I'm feeling much better!

Maybe it's the start of a new month or my flow-y new shirt, but I feel a new sense of self and purpose today. I am fully realizing how stressful and draining restructuring your life and priorities can be...probably why I became rundown and sick to begin with!

I leave for Scotland soon (as my cheerful widget keeps reminding me...although it's off by a few days) and I've started all the pre-trip stuff (including freaking out slightly). Every time I complete a task I feel a little less stressed out.

  • Bought my train ticket to Oban
  • Arranged my ride to the Airport (I am less concerned about getting to the airport on time when returning to New York ;)
  • Got a haircut
  • Filled out the "Hold Mail" form at the Post Office
  • Received info from the hotel on Iona about the workshop (excellent!)
  • Bought some books to prepare
  • Got a big, weatherproof backpack and waterproof clothing

I'm also in the process of figuring out my herbal medicine travel kit...that will be a new experience. How wonderful to have some natural medicine on hand while away! A real comfort, for sure.

I am feeling slightly out of shape though...so I want to get back into an (enjoyable) exercise routine in preparation for all the activities I'll be participating in. I have gone back to doing my AM and PM yoga...which has shown me how out of shape I really am!

The logistics about getting to where I need to be have always worried me. This time I intend on changing my outlook...see the journey as a whole. Instead of just getting from gorgeous point A to Stunning point B, I will view it as one long magic strand of loveliness from beginning to end. I cannot begin to express my glee at being surrounded by space and the Scottish air once again.

And now, inspired by "Five on Friday" here are five things I always travel with:

  1. Camera
  2. Yoga pants
  3. Journal
  4. Cardigan or Hoodie
  5. Wonder

By the month's end, I will be back in Scotland. Sigh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your trip prep :) Iona is wonderful - especially when you have the luxury of a week there - what kind of workshop are you going to do ?

Best wishes
Rhiannon

The Lion's Share said...

Thanks! I'm really looking forward to it :) The workshop is called, "Matter Matters: A Celtic Perspective." Renewing our spiritual commitment to matter...a week of reflection, exercise, pilgrimage hikes...