Monday, September 13, 2010

Sqeezing the Joy Out of My Dreams...

Beginnings of a New Vision...

I have the elements of a new vision board lying on my floor...and I realized that my dreams are bigger than the board I've set aside for visioning!  That's definitely a metaphor for my life right now.

I have such big dreams, and yet I tend  to think smaller as a sort of safety net. When in reality, thinking smaller than my dreams will most likely make me come up short.

Well...that's enough of that!!!

This week's Creative Dreaming assignment was to "Squeeze the Joy Out of Our Dreams..."

So that is what I did.

In the recent tidal wave of dreams re-visited and re-establishing a healthy life style...I really did it up this past week.

~I put a deposit down on my next workshop in Scotland (woohoo!) and I assure you I meditated quite a lot on being back in Edinburgh and Iona.  Every time a photo popped up on my work computer I had a very different feeling.  No more longing for when I'll return, but excitement and a sense of homecoming for when I'll be back!  That's a great shift. And I haven't (really) worried about the money at all. That's a great sign to me that I'm on the right track.

~I made plans for my first Lion's Share gathering and sent out the invitations!

~I spent some quality time at home in the mornings...writing and simply relaxing. Oh, and I turned in my papers to renew my passport, aka my ticket to joy ;)

~I really immersed myself back into all the things that had led me to joy and myself years ago.  Like doing the Inner Mean Girl Cleanse and reading inspirational books...a little self-help tune up, if you will. It's all reminded me of the person I have set out to be...and continue to evolve into.

I finished the week off with my September Apprenticeship day. That always gives me what I need in that moment (this time we learned how to make cream and gave ourselves herbal facials after spending some magical time up on the mountain in the woods). I returned to find a receipt from the St. Columba Hotel on Iona...for the workshop!  It was addressed completely wrong (my name was correct!) and yet it still made it to me.

Then, Sunday, my first restorative yoga class.  Amazing.

I've also been given the gift of childhood joys like sleeping on the floor and watching TV on my bed...and being outside stirring up magical potions of water and dirt (an apprenticeship practice).

I can think of no better way to connect with joy, than to be child-like for a weekend.

Now...all I need is a bigger board!

XO

2 comments:

bobbie said...

Don't you just love it when you ARE the flow?!?!
Hugs ~

andrea said...

Y-A-H!!!!
this is so awesome.