Thursday, August 27, 2009

Curry Potatoes With Bell Pepper & Tomato!


Is it too soon for another potato post?

Never, I say!

My Mother brought it to my attention that in my other potato posts I never mentioned that I pre-cook my potatoes...Gasp! Thanks, Mom :)

Yes, I usually pre-cook my potatoes because otherwise it takes FOREVER to make "Quick" hash browns.

I cut them to the desired size and shape, put them in a small sauce pan, cover with water and bring to a boil...simmer for about ten minutes and drain...then add to the pan with what ever other ingredients you're working with.

In this case though, I cut up 1 large red potato and added chicken broth (about 1/2-1in) and let it simmer with 1 tsp red curry paste and 1 tsp minced garlic. Then I added one small chopped green bell pepper after about 10 minutes and took it off the heat.

At the end I chopped up two small plum tomatoes and added them with Celtic sea Salt to taste.

(I actually added the tomato because I'd over done it with the curry and needed to cut the heat but it ended up being really tasty!)

This dish was inspired by a "Sassy" friend of mine :)

XO

No comments: