Sunday, February 21, 2010

Creating Affirmations

 "Accidental" Heart-Shaped Cookie

This week's Creative Dreaming assignment was to create affirmations.

I've done this in the past and it can be difficult depending on what mindset you're in at the time.  I started by thinking about it as "Turning Negative Thoughts Around" which is really a different (but helpful) thing.

My first thought was that it's really hard for me to turn certain negative thoughts around.  How can you find anything positive in, say, being exasperated by people's rudeness or thoughtlessness? I was riding on a crowded Subway at the time :) 

Maybe this is where some good affirmations would come in handy?  Creating positive statements to recite as a mantra for inviting goodness...especially during trying times.

So I came up with: "I respect myself and create healthy boundaries" and "I am in love with life..."

Perhaps this will help shield me during those moments when I get too outside of myself.

I also wrote down:
  • "I am financially free" 
  • "I am full of optimism, hope and faith"
  • "I am constantly moving forward"
  • "I cook and create with love"

I'm eager to see how these will help me in the weeks ahead.

XO

1 comment:

ABCcreativity said...

these are fantastic and i love the heart-shaped cookie