Monday, March 23, 2009

Heavenly Chocolate and Brie Panini

A while back I made these brie paninis with chocolate and fresh basil....recipe courtesy of The Food Network's Giada De Laurentiis

AMAZING!!!

I made them in a frying pan because I don't have a panini press...another thing I covet :)

Panini with Chocolate and Brie


I paired it with a salad of wild rice, chopped walnuts, edamame, and dried cranberries (recipe courtesy of Prevention Magazine):


Cranberry Edamame Wild Rice Salad

In lg bowl, combine 2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar, 2 tsp olive oil, and 1/4 tsp black pepper. Toss with 1/2 c cooked wild rice, 1/2 c fresh or frozen and thawed shelled edamame (beans), 2 Tbsp fruit juice-sweetened dried cranberries, and 2 Tbsp chopped walnuts. Serve at room temperature.


This salad was part of a great article about getting the right amount of veggies into your diet:

"The Veggie Factor"



The panini was sinfully delicious....the basil, chocolate and cheese paired together so well! I made the paninis all week...until I ran out of brie....mmmm.

1 comment:

Madame K said...

mmm i can still recall the yumminess. ;-)