Friday, March 13, 2009

Kale and Panchetta Soup

This is one of my favorites...so tasty...I wish I had some to eat right now (especially since I'm battling a wee cold). It's a wonderfully comforting dish in the cold weather, so I thought I should post it before Spring hits...I'm getting it in just under the wire, I think!

Isn't she Beautiful?


I took about 1/2 pound delicious panchetta and browned it in a large pot with some garlic...and then added a carton of organic chicken stock, a small bunch of kale (in pieces) and a couple handfuls of dry whole wheat spirals...then let it simmer until the pasta was done. I seasoned with garlic salt, crushed red pepper flakes, onion powder and pepper. You can add what ever you think might be tasty!


And a little Parmesan put it right over the top....




MMMMMM.....

No comments: