Monday, March 9, 2009

Muppet Leftovers...

I turned the party leftovers into new culinary creations for the week...and they were delicious!

The spicy veggie pizza topping turned into a sort of ratatouille...with red quinoa:


I chopped 1 eggplant and simmered with some garlic, canola oil (I was out of olive...), and onion powder:


Then, I remembered that I had a zucchini...so I sliced and added it...with a little butter for flavor...


Then added in the leftover pizza topping...


...and the Quinoa...



For the Ale Hamburger topping...I mixed it with some wild rice:





And for the left over ricotta cheese...I found a lovely recipe on Fresh Direct:



1 1-pound box penne
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
1 cup fresh ricotta
1/3 cup roughly chopped mixed fresh herbs (such as chervil, tarragon, and flat-leaf parsley)
Zest of 1 lemon, grated
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper


Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserving 1/3 cup of the water, drain the pasta, then return it to the pot. In a medium bowl, whisk together the butter, ricotta, and pasta water until a rich, creamy sauce forms. Pour the sauce over the hot pasta. Add the herbs, zest, salt, and pepper and toss.


I accidentally over-salted...so be careful!

No comments: