Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Little Spoon



I stole this spoon from my parents house years ago when I moved into my first apartment.  I'm pretty sure I didn't ask.  So, Mom...if you were wondering where that spoon went...

I have many memories of sitting at the dining room table eating cereal in the wee hours of the morning prior to school...before I braved the cold to wait for the school bus or chip my red 1986 Dodge Colt Premier out of the ice to drive to East Lyme High School.

When I was a kid, I hated using the "giant" spoons in the drawer...and would always root through all the cutlery in order to find the small ones.  The one pictured above in particular.

Now it's the spoon I like to use when having tea or coffee because when searching out a spoon for cereal I prefer the big guys now.

I was thinking about what a great metaphor the spoon story is for my life now.  I want to take in so much more of life than I did when I was a kid.

But I still love my favorite spoon.

XO

1 comment:

ABCcreativity said...

this is tooooooo sweet! love it.