Thursday, October 7, 2010

Heritage Weekend 2010


Last weekend I went back to my hometown, in CT, for it's annual Heritage Weekend.  I always enjoy it...and my camera does too! I went to elementary school just across from this site.  It sure does bring back memories!  I don't think I will ever shake the "back to school" feeling Fall leaves me with.  Although now, it's more of a joyous "new beginnings" type emotion and the thrill of bundling up in cozy sweaters again...then it was probably decidedly less happy.

Nothing much beats a New England Autumn.  Kettle corn, anyone?



 I bought the red variety...and the vendor was so nice!

 At the woodworker's table...



 Soldiers commemorating those we lost in the Civil War



 Local gravestones...



***


Then we made our annual visit to B.F. Clyde's Cider Mill in Old Mystic...It wouldn't be fall without some great pumpkin shots :)








I've been visiting Clyde's since I was a wee little thing.  I have very fond memories of watching them press the apples and bottle the cider...my Dad always fascinated by how the press worked and showing me all the workings. He always had questions for the family that runs it. Local pride at it's best. It's hard to visit any of these places and not think of all those times. And the cider donuts rock my world :)

XO

Interested in more photos?  Check out my galleries:

B.F. Clyde's Cider Mill

Mystic and Clyde's - 2009

Heritage Weekend - 2004

Heritage Weekend - 2006

Mystic Seaport - 2004

1 comment:

bobbie said...

Frabulous pix!!! TFs!