Monday, January 17, 2011

I'm a Winner!


I've been planning and working on my next trip to Scotland, and one of the elements of this plan is a workshop I'm taking on Iona.  This time, scholarships were available and I applied.

I don't usually expect to win stuff.  For as long as I can remember...winning has been a rare occurrence.  I lost in the housing lottery at FIT two years and had to live off campus as one example.

I did win a giant bunny-rabbit in a church raffle back in High School, but that was because my dearly departed Dad bought most of the tickets (I think he wanted it more than me)!

Skip to the present...and I have been awarded one of the Iona scholarships!!!

I know it's because that God and The Universe help us out when we are headed down the right path, following our dreams instead of simple prizes. Who knows, maybe my Dad bought most of the tickets again...

This is a wonderful piece for the dream puzzle because I am still in the paying down debt and saving money phase of my Creative Dream journey.

So I'm off to Scotland in a little over 2 months. I have my plane ticket and the very appreciated scholarship already in my possession...next up train tickets to Oban etc.  I wonder if it's too soon to start packing?

XO

No comments: