Friday, January 14, 2011

Mac & Cheese Soup



I love using the ampersand...I really do.

So, Mac & Cheese soup, y'all!

I was inspired when my friend and co-worker Glen brought in some that his wife had made.  I immediately looked up some recipes and then promptly ditched them to do it my way.

Mostly because I couldn't find the cheese soup on Fresh Direct...and because I was a little afraid of the contents.

So...call me "Sandra Lee" this week because this uses all boxed, canned and frozen items...I am still decompressing from the holidays, it seems.

***

I bought 2 boxes of organic mac and cheese and a bag of frozen veggies (broccoli, carrots and cauliflower).

I cooked the pasta until it was al dente...then added the butter and cheese mix and veggies.

THEN, I was going to add a  can of organic cream of mushroom soup but felt it was too little soup and instead opted for the carton of cream of broccoli I had and let it all simmer for about 20-30 minutes (until the veggies were cooked).

In the end, I added a little cayenne and water to thin out the soup until I was happy :)

It was quick, cheap and...

YUM!

XO

1 comment:

ABCcreativity said...

Sounds totally delicious!