Friday, December 3, 2010

Apple & Cranberry Sauce with Triple Sec



I'm certainly giving thanks for this creation!

In the spirit of the holiday season...and using up a bag of apples I had...I made up a big batch of apple/cranberry sauce.

This is another one of my non-recipes because I pretty much made it up as I went along!

I chopped up roughly 8 small, sweet, local apples...threw them in a large pot and added 1 bag of fresh cranberries, 1 pinch of ginger (and possibly cinnamon) and a dash of dried orange peel.  Then I poured in some water until it was just under covering all the fruit and set it all to simmer, covered.

I ended up adding a small handful of raw sugar to balance out the tartness of the cranberries...and a splash of triple sec...just for fun!

Then I simply let it simmer away, uncovered, until I liked the consistency...and YUM!!!

XO

No comments: